Here are my Top 10 guidelines for successful worship ministry. I have been leading worship teams for 30 years but I still go back to this list to see what I need to work on!
Drum roll please….Let’s start with #10
10. Never stop growing
- Are you practicing your singing and playing on a daily basis?
- Are you taking lessons and improving your craft and leadership?
- Are you changing and growing with the new trends, styles and songs?
9. Develop your organizational and admin skills
- Are you writing (or buying) great charts for your band?
- Are you running organized and productive rehearsals?
- Are you creating timely schedules for your musicians and planning ahead on the church calendar?
8. Keep working on a good relationship with your pastor
- Do you have a weekly meeting with your pastor?
- Are you supporting your pastor in private and public?
- Have you ever had your pastor and his wife over for dinner?
7. Mentoring is one your most important jobs
- Are you looking for and developing the potential leaders on your team?
- Are you giving room for new leaders to lead a song or worship time?
- Jesus spent over 3 years developing His team, are you following His example?
6. Develop a great team
- Do you have a system for bringing along new musicians?
- Are you developing multiple musicians for each position?
- How are you helping your team grow spiritually?
5. Learn to pick great worship songs
- Are you teaching your congregation the great songs from around world?
- Do you ever go outside your preferences in musical styles?
- Are you developing a balanced repertoire of fast, medium and slow songs?
4. Be a great worshipper
- Are you keeping it real? Be authentic, are you the same on and off the stage?
- Are there areas in your life that are holding you back from God’s richest blessings?
- Do you love the Lord with all your heart and are you a passionate worshipper?
3. Love the church like Jesus loves the church
- Are you building God’s kingdom or yours?
- Do you love the people you are leading?
- Jesus laid down His life for us, are you willing to lay down your life?
2. Love your spouse and family
- Are you carving out regular time in your schedule for your spouse and family?
- Are you taking one day off per week?
- When is the last time you had a date with your spouse?
1. Love and spend time with God daily
- Are you reading your Bible daily?
- When is the last time you memorized a Bible passage?
- How is your prayer life? Are you praying and obeying?
Here are some related posts:
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Worship Team ~ Part 1 of 4
- 10 Tips On Improving Your Worship Band Rehearsal
- 12 Keys To Picking Great Songs For Worship
- Actions Speak So Loud
- Bible Reading Challenge
- 8 Tips On Taking Your Sunday Morning Worship To The Next Level
This blog is part of my vision to help train 100,000 worship leaders around the world. If you would like to support this you can help by giving on this PayPal account.